Nov 16, 2013
Rebirth of a farm blog
I suppose you can call this the rebirth of my farm blog. It's only natural that the rebirth take place on the day that our broody hen Penny Lane is hatching out her first set of chicks. Yesterday morning I let out the chickens to discover peeping, after checking under Penny I found all chicks still in their shells. I went to work full of suspense and had play dates and still nothing just peeps from in the shells every once in a while. Last night at about 4:30 is when Penny's first chick pipped (pipped is when they breakthrough the shell)! We didn't have any chicks until very early this morning and the first one out was a buff orpington chick. Second one was a buff orpington/barred rock cross, third was a buff orpington/ameraucana cross! We are beyond excited to know that this little farm can give life even in the middle of Autumn. As soon as we have pictures of the babies I will try to post some. Right now Penny Lane is a little mad that I keep checking under her! There are a total of six more eggs waiting to hatch, I am keeping my fingers crossed for all of the little babies. Ill keep you updated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You should continue your writing :) Best of luck.
ReplyDeleteWriters today don’t seem to care about writing their own original content. You seem to have a lot of talent and your own original ideas. So carry on.
ReplyDeleteAwesome!!!
ReplyDelete